Thursday, January 28, 2016

Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus “Camera failed” error & other camera problems

"My brand new Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus (#Samsung #GalaxyS6EdgePlus) started showing "Camera failed" error after the recent update. Is this a common problem?"

S6-Edge-Plus-camera-failed-problem

No, it's not a common problem and in the case of the S6 Edge+ there were only a few who encountered it. But the thing about this problem is that it can happen to anyone or any Android user. It's not exclusive to the Galaxy devices and it can be caused by several factors, such as, app crashes, firmware bug, hardware glitch, etc.

Continue reading to know how to deal with this error message as well as other issues I included in this post.

  • Galaxy S6 Edge+ showing "Camera failed" error message after an update
  • Galaxy S6 Edge Plus camera won't open after it was dropped in water
  • Camera and Gallery loads but very slow
  • Deleted photos reappearing on S6 Edge+
  • Camera freezes while taking pictures
  • Picture quality differs when using stock Camera and third-party apps
  • If you have other problems, don't hesitate to contact us by completing this questionnaire and providing all necessary details about the problem. The more information you provide, the better the chances that we can help you.

    You may also browse through our S6 Edge Plus troubleshooting page and try the solutions we provided already.

    Galaxy S6 Edge+ showing "Camera failed" error message after an update

    Problem: My S6 Edge+ is barely a couple of months old and since I bought it, I never faced a problem with it. Three days ago, there was an update and I didn't have a choice but to agree to download it to my phone. I though everything was successful as there were no errors and the process went through without a hitch. I'm not really an extensive user so it's only today that I discovered every time I open the camera, an error will pop up instead of showing on the screen what the lens can see–"Camera failed."

    I'm not sure if you guys encountered this problem with your unit but if you did, then you'd understand me if I told you it's very annoying and considering it's a brand new phone, it's very disappointing. Can you help me out with this please?

    Related Problem: I know you guys are very busy so I'll keep my message short. My problem is that there's an error that says the camera in my phone failed. I don't understand why it happened but I think the latest version of Android did this. My phone is a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus and this is the first time I encountered this issue. Help.

    Troubleshooting: Firmware updates are supposed to be good but more often, they bring problems instead of fixes to pre-existing issues. We've been receiving a lot of emails from our readers complaining about this very issue and it's not exclusive to S6 Edge+. Other Galaxy device owners also complained about it as well as other Android phone owners.

    The fact is, this issue can happen to you out of the blue without apparent reason. In this case, however, it is clear that the problem started after a firmware update. That leaves us to think the recent firmware is buggy or something but that's not the case.

    More often than not, if apps crash (regardless whether they're third-party or pre-installed) after an update, the problem is with the caches and/or data. Caches used by the previous system may become incompatible with the new firmware and so are the data. Clearing them often fixes the problem. So, that said, the first thing you have to do is delete all system caches. Follow these steps to do so:

  • Turn off the device.
  • Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, and Power key.
  • When the phone vibrates, release the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
  • When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
  • Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
  • Press the Power key to select.
  • When the wipe cache partition is complete, 'Reboot system now' is highlighted.
  • Press the Power key to restart the device.
  • Deleting the system caches will force the phone to create new files and this time, the camera might work properly. If not, then you have no other option but to proceed with doing the master reset to clear all system and apps data.

  • Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge.
  • Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power keys together.
  • When the device powers on and displays 'Power on logo', release all keys and the Android icon will appear on the screen.
  • Wait until the Android Recovery Screen appears after about 30 seconds.
  • Using the Volume Down key, highlight the option, 'wipe data/factory reset' and press the Power key to select it.
  • Press the Vol Down button again until the option 'Yes — delete all user data' is highlighted and then press the Power key to select it.
  • After the reset is complete, highlight 'Reboot system now' and hit the Power key to restart the phone.
  • It's a very hassling process especially if you have a lot of files to backup but it's most likely to fix the problem. Not only that, it will also make your phone faster.

    Galaxy S6 Edge Plus camera won't open after it was dropped in water

    Problem: I dropped by Edge+ in the sink with water in it but I was able to fish it out immediately. It was just a matter of 1 second or 2 that I was able to pick the phone out so I think there was no chance the water entered the phone. I didn't take any chances, though. I turned the phone off immediately and placed it in a bowl of rice for more than 24 hours and when I tried to turn it back on, everything was working fine except the camera.

    The problem is the moment I open the camera, it closes immediately without even displaying the usual screen. There were no other incidents after the dip in water so I'm thinking maybe the water entered the phone and messed up the camera but I don't know for sure. What can I do to use my camera again? I already did reboots a hundred times to no avail. Please help me. Thanks.

    Troubleshooting: When it comes to liquid damage, we really can't predict the extent of the damage. In your case, I believe that water has found it's way into the phone, somehow, and messed up with the camera. Remember that even just a small drop liquid, if it touches the circuit or any components inside the phone, it might lead to serious problems.

    There is one thing I want you to do before seeking help from a professional–boot the phone in safe mode.

  • Press and hold the Volume Down and Power keys for 20 to 30 seconds.
  • Once you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key immediately but continue pressing the Volume Down key.
  • Your phone should continue booting up and you will be prompted to unlock your phone as usual.
  • You will know if the phone successfully booted in safe mode if the text "Safe mode" is displayed at the lower-left corner of the screen.
  • While the device is in safe mode, try opening the camera app to see if it still closes immediately. If so, then try doing the master reset before sending the phone in for repair.

    More often, minor problems that occurred after liquid damage may be fixed by general cleaning and it might be the case with your phone.

    Camera and Gallery loads but very slow

    Problem: When I take pictures with my Edge+, there are times when the camera freezes and I have to wait for a few seconds before it responds again. But most of the time it's just very slow. The same thing goes with the Gallery app. Whenever I preview my pictures of view the older ones, it may freeze for a few seconds. How can I fix this problem? Thanks.

    Troubleshooting: The Camera and the Gallery apps work side-by-side. If the former takes pictures, the latter manages them. So, it's sometimes inevitable that if one has an issue, the other is affected. But don't worry, more often a problem like this is not serious. All you need to do is clear the cache and the data of both apps and that's it.

  • From any Home screen, tap Apps.
  • Tap Settings.
  • Scroll to 'APPLICATIONS,' then tap Application manager.
  • Swipe right to the ALL screen.
  • Scroll to and tap Camera (Gallery).
  • Tap Clear cache.
  • Tap Clear data, then OK.
  • Deleted photos reappearing on S6 Edge+

    Problem: I've noticed photos appearing on my device that I've either deleted or been sent and not saved. How do I stop this as it uses my data.

    Answer: You may have set your phone to sync photos. So, if you take a picture, it will automatically be uploaded to the cloud using the account you use to sync with your phone. Turn off the sync (at least, for photos) and this problem will be solved.

    To explain further, during syncing, the photos will be uploaded to your online account. Even if you already deleted the picture in your phone, ones the sync is on, those that were automatically been uploaded may be downloaded to your phone that's why they reappear.

    Camera freezes while taking pictures

    Problem: While taking pictures at Sea World the camera would freeze up and I'd have to do a soft reset. Happened multiple times.

    Troubleshooting: It's probably just a glitch with the camera app. Try clearing it's cache and data. Do the same for the Gallery app as both are connected.

    Picture quality differs when using stock Camera and third-party apps

    Problem: I am having issue with my back camera. It always works fine with the camera app. But when I use it through Skype or use Live Broadcasting Mode. Some dusty or some thingy starts appearing. I can't find online anything like this! Help me. Please!

    Answer: As you said, the quality is fine when using the stock Camera app but some things may appear while using third-party apps that use the camera. So, there's no problem with your phone's camera but with the apps. I don't know what you see on the screen but the best thing you can do about it is to report it to the developer.

    Connect with us

    We are always open to your problems, questions and suggestions, so feel free to contact us by filling up this form. This is a free service we offer and we won't charge you a penny for it. But please note that we receive hundreds of emails every day and it's impossible for us to respond to every single one of them. But rest assured we read every message we receive. For those whom we've helped, please spread the word by sharing our posts to your friends or by simply liking our Facebook and Google+ page or follow us on Twitter.


    Source: Fix Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge Plus "Camera failed" error & other camera problems

    No comments:

    Post a Comment